Finally, a FOP release after the redesign without a beta tag! The most important changes since 0.92 beta besides a lot of bugfixing and stabilization work:
- Added support for the use of Open Type fonts.
- Support for the rgb-icc() function and for a proprietary cmyk() function (for device CMYK colors only through the PDF renderer so far).
- Enabled Copy/Paste from PDF content in Acrobat Reader for text using embedded TrueType fonts.
- Added support for PDF/A-1b and PDF/X-3:2003. (Note: this may still be a bit incomplete.)
- The Java2DRenderer (and therefore the print and bitmap renderers) is now offering the same quality as the PDF and PS renderers.
- Automatic support for all fonts available to the Java2D subsystem for all Java2D-descendant renderers (TIFF, PNG, print, AWT).